Introduction to Game Design and Development
In this face-to-face (f2f) course, students have a lot of fun learning the basics of game design and development for both board and video games. A full semester 1 credit course, students will:
- Learn about and explore a variety of game genres.
- Learn to create storyboards.
- Learn to create game design documents.
- Learn to create, edit, and animate sprites
- Learn to program video games using Game Maker Studio software.
- Explore careers in game design and development and role play on a game design and development team.
- Create several video games in several different genres using the drag and drop method and the GML scripting language.
To register for this course please see Mrs. Coleman. For more detailed course information or course related
questions, please see Mrs. Bruce.